三九天——这么冷
再过几天就是“三九”了。俗话说:三九四九冰上走。“三九”意味着一年中最冷的日子到了。除了cold,英语中还有哪些词语可以表达“寒冷”呢?
1. The bathroom gets chilly in the winter.
冬天浴室变得很冷。
2. She opened the window and I was hit by an icy blast of air.
她打开窗户,一阵刺骨的寒风向我袭来。
3. He leant forward to protect himself against the biting wind.
他佝偻着身体以避寒风。
4. Wrap up warmly - it's bitter outside.
穿暖和些——外面特别冷。
5. The evening was cold and raw.
那个晚上寒冷刺骨。
6. Walking ?home in the ?snow, we got ?chilled to the ?bone.
我们蹚着雪往家走,快要冻僵了。
7. It was a cold and frosty morning.
那是个天寒地冻的早晨。
8. It's a ?bit parky today, ?love - you'll ?want ?your ?coat!
亲爱的,外面有点冷,你穿件外套吧!
9. I'm frozen - could you ?close the ?window?
我冻僵了都,你可以关下窗吗?
10. It's freezing in here - can I close the window?
这儿冷极了——我把窗户关上可以吗?
庸才当道
当今社会,最看重的就是人才。要想成功经营一家企业,首先就要擦亮眼睛选好雇员,避免出现“庸才当道”的状况。
Bozo explosion is the large number of inept employees that a company ends up with when it hires an incompetent executive, who in turn hires incompetent managers, who then hire incompetent workers.
“庸才当道”是指一家公司启用了一位无能的高管,此高管又聘用了不称职的经理,经理而后雇用了一堆无能的员工,最终导致公司里不称职的雇员为数众多的状况。
Bozo作为美式英语里的俚语,有“笨蛋;傻瓜”的意思。而explosion作名词为“爆炸,激增”的意思。因此这个组合很形象的形容了一个企业被没有能力的员工充斥的状况。除了Bozo explosion,bozo bomber也可以表达类似的意思。
The Bo...